Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

A very Happy New Year to all you miniaturists out there, I hope you had a good Christmas with lots of mini gifts. We had a great time with family who were visiting. The festivities are not over in Spain as we have the Three Kings fiesta this weekend which involves lots of parades on Thursday evening and a Bank Holiday on Friday. The big interest for miniaturists over Christmas here are the traditional Belens in all the shops, Town Halls and in the streets of the cities. These are mini tableaus of the nativity, and must take hours to put together, they are always a joy to see, and people are fascinated by them, especially the mechanised displays.
I had a break from making minis over the holiday, but just before I designed and made some boxes for the mens shop, now I have to find some suitable bottles to complete the displays. My first real attempt at designing boxes, so I was pleased that the tops fitted the bottoms and they were more or less the right size. I also made use of some cut outs from Dollshouse and Miniature scene to make some boxes of Christmas baubles for the Christmas department which needs a lot more things.

I had some nice surprises from Gill for Christmas,
and also some little houses to make, this will probably be the subject for our next club meeting.
Those of you who follow Gill´s blog will know we made Turkish Delight, a lot of Turkish Delight! I made six boxes like this, plus a box of chocolates which is nothing like the one I bought for Gill, there is certainly some improvement needed!
My Mum bought me a bar for the cafe in the department store so when inspiration strikes I want to start filling that, will post pictures when I make a start. In the mean time the best of luck to all, may 2012 bring you all the things you wish for.
Mini hugs
Oly

1 comment:

  1. Oly, your boxes are fabulous! You made so many as well! I love everything you make. Gill x

    ReplyDelete